In this fast-changing world, there is always something more to learn. From languages to sports, to IT programs, to life skills like cooking, there are many ways we can better ourselves. Learning new things can boost our happiness, confidence, and fulfillment and lead to better career opportunities and progression.
Moreover, in this day and age, we can learn pretty much anything we want online. Thanks to search engines like Youtube and Google, we can pick up the basics of a new skill in a 30-minute video or even a short article.
If this abundance of information at your fingertips is not enough to inspire you to become a wise owl, then let these learning quotes do so. Perhaps you haven’t studied since college and feel overwhelmed about taking an online course. Or maybe you’re lacking motivation with a language you’re currently learning.
Either way, these learning quotes will remind you why knowledge is power and give you the drive you need to master something new. In addition, the wise words in the list below will install the belief that you can learn anything you set your mind to.
1. I’m a very strong believer in listening and learning from others. — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
2. Continuous learning is the minimum requirement for success in any field. — Brian Tracy
3. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over. – Richard Branson
4. The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you. ― B.B. King
5. Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. – John F. Kennedy
6. I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. – Winston Churchill
7. As I’m getting older, I’m really learning unconditional love and loyalty are extremely important. — Bindi Irwin
8. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. ― Dr. Seuss
9. Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people. — Tena Desae
10. Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in. — Leonardo da Vinci
11. Learning is synthesizing seemingly divergent ideas and data. – Terry Heick
12. The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live. — Mortimer Adler
13. I don’t think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. — Abraham Lincoln
14. Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible. – Richard Feynman
15. The ability to speak exactly is intimately related to the ability to know exactly. – Wendell Berry
16. One learns from books and example only that certain things can be done. Actual learning requires that you do those things. – Frank Herbert
17. Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self—confidence. – Robert Frost
18. You cannot help but learn more as you take the world into your hands. Take it up reverently, for it is an old piece of clay, with millions of thumbprints on it. ― John Updike
19. We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve. Bill Gates
20. That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way. – Doris Lessing
21. Everything is a learning process: any time you fall over, it’s just teaching you to stand up the next time. — Joel Edgerton
22. Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. ― Benjamin Franklin
23. You don’t understand anything until you learn it more than one way. – Marvin Minsky
24. Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. – Mark Twain
25. The human mind is our fundamental resource. – John F. Kennedy
26. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
27. Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will. — Vernon Howard
28. Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. – Henry Ford
29. The correct analogy for the mind is not a vessel that needs filling, but wood that needs igniting.— Plutarch
30. We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
31. Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. – Anthony J. D’Angelo
32. We learned about honesty and integrity — that the truth matters… that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules… and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square. Michelle Obama
33. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. — Benjamin Franklin
34. If you think education is expensive, try estimating the cost of ignorance. — Howard Gardner
35. If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. — Haruki Murakami
36. In youth we learn; in age we understand. — Marie von Ebner—Eschenbach
37. In youth we learn; in age we understand. — Marie von Ebner—Eschenbach
38. Action comes about if and only if we find a discrepancy between what we are experiencing and what we want to experience. — Philip J. Runkel
39. Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. — Oliver Wendell Holmes
40. The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it. — Walt Disney
41. I believe the more successful an actor becomes, the more chances he should take. An actor never stops learning. — John Garfield
42. Everything is a learning lesson, good and bad, so I am happy with the way things are, and I learned from everything negative. I am in a great space now, so I wouldn’t change a thing! — Karen Civil
43. An unschooled man who knows how to meditate upon the Lord has learned far more than the man with the highest education who does not know how to meditate. — Charles Stanley
44. I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful. — Natalie Portman
45. The truth is that we can learn to condition our minds, bodies, and emotions to link pain or pleasure to whatever we choose. By changing what we link pain and pleasure to, we will instantly change our behaviors. — Tony Robbins
46. It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. Bill Gates
47. You’ll never know everything about anything, especially something you love. ― Julia Child
48. Expecting all children the same age to learn from the same materials is like expecting all children the same age to wear the same size clothing. – Madeline Hunter
49. The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to close it again on something solid. ― G. K. Chesterton
50. The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. — B.B. King
Whenever you sit down to study and feel a lack of enthusiasm, come back to this list and reread these learning quotes for an instant boost of inspiration. Or, if you’re currently working towards a qualification or revising for an exam, pick your favorite sayings and turn them into motivational posters.
Remember, learning should be an exciting activity, not a tedious one. It leads us to better ourselves and create a fulfilling and prosperous life, and who wouldn’t want that?