Sometimes life can get so dark and gloomy that we struggle to see the light ahead. Whether you’re overcoming a tragic loss, going through a health issue, or experiencing a soul-destroying failure, you may feel like life is never going to get better.
Well, we’re here to tell you that it is! Even if you cannot find anything to smile about right now, trust that there are clearer skies ahead. Life is cyclical by nature, meaning after a horrible event always comes good times.
However, even if, deep down, you know it won’t last forever, finding positivity during a feeling of depression can still feel impossible. Luckily, though, there are several things you can do to help you see the light.
Things like going for lunch with a good friend, walking in nature, or cuddling with a pet can be a huge morale boost. Another way you can find hope is by reading positive keep going quotes and sayings. We’ve put together a list of our favorite inspirational words to help you through the tough times.
1. “In my early career I was like a goldfish. Rejection didn’t affect me; I’d just forget how bad it was and keep going back for more.” – Emily Watson
2. “I’m just trying to stay within myself every day and keep going.” – Cody Bellinger
3. “For a film, when you condense, you don’t want to keep going back to the same setting over and over.” – Catherine Hardwicke
4. “Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
5. “In the second round, everyone knows I can keep going.” – Corey Anderson
6. “Never give up hope. All things are working for your good. One day, you’ll look back on everything you’ve been through and thank God for it.” – Germany Kent
7. “I want people to think of me as a ‘Mindset’ guy, a journalist, a commentator, a social media personality, a filmmaker, an author, but I got to – I have to pivot so far away from anything pro-Trump, I just got to keep going that way.” – Mike Cernovich
8. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C. S. Lewis
9. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Theodore Roosevelt
10. “At the end of every series, I think I won’t do any more. But as long as I can think of fresh stuff, I can keep going.” – Harry Enfield
11. “The best career advice I’ve ever received I would say is honestly just to keep going, follow your passion. It does sound cliche, but honestly it’s true.” – Tyler Henry
12. “If I look back I am lost.” – George R.R. Martin
13. “I’m a country boy. I hate New York. But that’s where things happen, so I use it as a base for stories, I know enough about it. But I have to keep going back there.” – Mickey Spillane
14. “If you’re reading this, I hope God opens incredible doors for your life this year. Greatness is upon you. You must believe it though.” – Germany Kent
15. “Fantasy has a dark side to it. It also has a light hemisphere – the power of the human imagination to keep going, to imagine a better tomorrow.” – Tim O’Brien
16. “Once you get yourselves into things that are working on a deeper level, you just have to keep going. When you reach that deeper level, you can’t go back.” – Matt Stone
17. “I would look at older blues musicians who just keep going into their seventies. They keep doing it until they drop dead. And I’ve always felt like that’s what I want to do. I’ve felt that since the day I was able to start playing music for a living. I don’t see the point of thinking about retiring because it’s not work to begin with.” – Chris Cornell
18. “I never wanted to go back and relive the glory days; I just want to keep moving forward. That’s what I took from punk. Keep going. Don’t look back.” – Paul Simonon
19. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
20. “Let everything happen to you. Beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
21. “Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
22. “My view was, if I didn’t like Boulder, I’d keep going west, except I never really wanted to live in the Bay Area.” – Brad Feld
23. “I’ve always been interested in singing. My sister’s a fantastic singer, and it’s just something that’s always been around. I play saxophone and guitar. I’d definitely like to pursue it, and it’s something I’d like to keep going, if not as a career, then as a hobby.” – Charlie Rowe
24. “Growing up with my dad, whenever I wanted to try something, he would let me try it but he wouldn’t let me give up on it. If soccer was too tough and I said, ‘I’m going to quit,’ he’d be like, ‘No, you’re going to try everything and keep going at it.” – Carlos Pena, Jr.
25. “I’ll be writing records until I’m dead, whether people like it or not! I can’t not write; if I don’t, then I get really depressed. I’ll keep going, I promise!” – Alanis Morissette
26. “Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.” – Denis Waitley
27. “Roast potatoes – I can’t say no. At Christmas, I reach over for the fifth or sixth one, and I think I could keep going until I explode.” – Nicola Walker
28. “My goal is to keep going out there and defending my belt and stacking up pay cheques to set myself up for the future.” – Luke Rockhold
29. “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
30. “Even if I don’t finish, we need others to continue. It’s got to keep going.” – Terry Fox
31. “My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you’re moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again.” – Richard Branson
32. “You learn to rise above a lot of bad things that happen in your life. And you have to keep going.” – Lauren Bacall
33. “Life has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight and off you go. – Nicole Kidman
34. “I can’t imagine Weezer stopping. We just love doing what we’re doing, and I think we’ll keep going until we fall down dead. Even if the audience is abandoning us, I can’t imagine doing anything else!” – Rivers Cuomo
35. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
36. “Ain’t no point in stopping or slowing down. Ain’t like no ‘A’ight, I’m done with this, now take a break,’ you just keep going.” – King Von
37. “You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way.” – Elizabeth Taylor
38. “If someone is strong enough to bring you down, show them you are strong enough to get back up.” – A. Josland
39. “There are tomorrows on their way worth the struggles of today. Never give up.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
40. “I really thank my coach, my parents. They always tell me to fight and keep going and never ever give up.” – Peng Shuai
41. “Just keep going like crazy and look back when it’s over. Otherwise, you just get confused.” – Cliff Burton
42. “I was drinking so much coffee and Red Bull just to keep going it screwed me.” – Frankie Boyle
43. “When it’s your time you will walk right into your blessing.” – Germany Kent
44. “Don’t listen to what anybody says except the people who encourage you. If it’s what you want to do and it’s within yourself, then keep going and try to do it for the rest of your life.” – Jake Gyllenhaal
45. “It is the combination of reasonable talent and the ability to keep going in the face of defeat that leads to success.” – Martin Seligman
46. “Forgiveness for one’s self is the only way we can keep going through life and give ourselves the best chance at being the best people we can be.” – Yolanda Hadid
47. “Rejection is a common occurrence. Learning that early and often will help you build up the tolerance and resistance to keep going and keep trying.” – Kevin Feige
48. “People are starting companies at young ages. They fail fast, learn a lot, and keep going.” – David Cohen
49. “Things aren’t always easy, but you just have to keep going and don’t let the small stuff bog you down.” – Stella Maeve
50. “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
We hope these keep going quotes ignited some hope and optimism into your day, making it a little less gloomy. Make a habit of reading these every morning when you wake up and every night before bed. Doing this will slowly begin to shift your mindset to a brighter perspective.
Of course, reading feel-good quotes is not a magic pill, and no words, no matter how well articulated, can take the pain away. So, if you’re struggling, don’t hesitate to call a trusted friend and share your concerns. If there is no one you can talk to, seek out an online therapist. The simple act of talking about your problems can make a massive difference to your mental health.