When it comes to building something great, whether a business or a better body, two things are needed; time and consistency. Just as you cannot create something overnight, you cannot produce something great by doing it only once.
However, persistence is easier said than done. We feel inspired when we start out on something, and focus comes easily. However, that positivity begins simmering down after a while, and we find it harder to keep going. This is why so many people set health goals but then give up. And it’s why so many start-up businesses fail.
So now you know the key to success is consistency, how can you become a more focused and diligent person? The answer is pretty simple. If you do something enough, it will become a habit that will eventually become second nature. So all you need to do is seek motivation whenever you feel like giving up. Then one day, you’ll find that you don’t need that push anymore and that you do it without even thinking about it!
But until you reach that point, here are the top consistency quotes to keep you inspired and on track.
1. “You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That’s the mark of a true professional.” – Joe Paterno
2. “Consistency is what counts; you have to be able to do things over and over again.” – Hank Aaron
3. “A consistent soul believes in destiny, a capricious one in chance.” – Benjamin Disraeli
4. “The consistency – either the theme from record to record, or the band, the different musicians – it really varies. So if I get criticism, I don’t worry about that, because I’m still being creative.” – Jason Molina
5. “I give you everything you want as an artist, for so long. Consistency. Wordplay. Wittiness. You can check the checklist. Only thing I don’t check off on is album sales.” – Jadakiss
6. “Keeping possibilities alive requires a consistency of thought and focus.” ― Steven Redhead
7. “It’s good to be able to be the same no matter who you’re playing, knowing what you’re doing, having consistency.” – Raul Jimenez
8. “The principle that certain sins should not receive the Church’s testimony of forgiveness was probably no novelty at all, but had been applied in various churches; perhaps, however, with no strict consistency.” – Robert Rainy
9. “Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.” – Oscar Wilde
10. “Consistency is one of the biggest factors to accomplishment and success.” – Byron Pulsifer
11. “By my very nature, I would never achieve a great level of consistency. That’s my appeal and my downfall rolled into one.” – Alex Higgins
12. “Having a story is what people connect with, but the story alone doesn’t allow you to achieve greatness and results. It’s the day-to-day consistency of providing value to your audience.” – Lewis Howes
13. “Getting an audience is hard. Sustaining an audience is hard. It demands a consistency of thought, of purpose, and of action over a long period of time.” – Bruce Springsteen
14. “To my mum, I owe security in a very insecure young life. We lived in about 10 different places because of my father’s chequered career, and she always made me feel a sense of consistency and security. I was a well-mothered boy.” – John Lithgow
15. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
16. “Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character.” – Stephen Covey
17. “Consistency is everything. Nothing happens overnight.Nurturing any relationship, parenting, understanding people, understanding ourselves, building a business, weight loss, personal transformation and education. All takes time. Be consistent and experience the magic of life.” ― Purvi Raniga
18. “People like consistency. Whether it’s a store or a restaurant, they want to come in and see what you are famous for.” – Millard Drexler
19. “It is the consistency of the information that matters for a good story, not its completeness. Indeed, you will often find that knowing little makes it easier to fit everything you know into a coherent pattern.” – Daniel Kahneman
20. “True consistency, that of the prudent and the wise, is to act in conformity with circumstances and not to act always the same way under a change of circumstances.” – John C. Calhoun
21. “For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent.” – Tony Robbins
22. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” ― Maya Angelou
23. “”We are not interested in the fact that the brain has the consistency of cold porridge.”” – Alan Turing
24. “Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.” – John Quincy Adams
25. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” ― Anthony Robbins
26. “It’s very easy to make a viral video, but longevity and consistency, that’s hard.” – Michelle Phan
27. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
28. “The key to success is consistency. And right now, the only way for you to actually take action is to believe in yourself.” – Zak Frazer
29. “The secret to winning is constant, consistent management.” – Tom Landry
30. “On issues carrying as much emotional freight as race – and there aren’t many – a U.S. senator needs to speak with care and consistency. Otherwise, he could find people speaking at his own retirement tribute.” – Gordon Smith
31. “You cannot be a winner without maturity and consistency.” – Marco Silva
32. “There’s a certain consistency to who I am and what I do, and I think people have finally said, ‘Well, you know, I kinda get her now.’ I’ve actually had people say that to me.” – Hillary Clinton
33. “As a great employer, one of things we prize is political consistency and clear policy.” – Joe Kaeser
34. “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. “I have worked hard to improve my consistency in my driving, irons, short game, and putting.” – Natalie Gulbis
36. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
37. “Success is not a matter of mastering subtle, sophisticated theory but rather of embracing common sense with uncommon levels of discipline and persistence.” – Patrick Lencioni
38. “Consistency is the hallmark of the unimaginative.” ― Oscar Wilde
39. “If you fail once or twice in something it is fine but if you fail in something a hundred times then you can become the only successful person in that thing in this world.” ― Anuj Jasani
40. “We want a system that will improve consistency and steadiness in the quality of government.” – Ferdinand Mount
41. “Leadership can’t be fabricated. If it is fabricated and rehearsed, you can’t fool the guys in the locker room. So when you talk about leadership, it comes with performance. Leadership comes with consistency.” – Junior Seau
42. “After I watched Tom Brady win the Super Bowl, it made me start to think that the only thing that marks greatness is consistency over a long period of time.” – Maverick Carter
43. “Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago.” ― Bernard Berenson
44. “Respectable character is developed by consistency in self-discipline and self-control.” – Anil Kumar Sinha
45. “I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work.” – Louis C. K.
46. “You cannot consistently perform in a manner which is inconsistent with the way you see yourself.” – Zig Ziglar
47. “Children love consistency… they love knowing what’s going to happen.” – Emma Watkins
48. “It has always seemed to me that so long as you produce your dramatic effect, accuracy of detail matters little. I have never striven for it and I have made some bad mistakes in consequence. What matter if I hold my readers?” ― Arthur Conan Doyle
49. “A team like McLaren doesn’t want to keep changing drivers at a time when they’re developing the car. They want consistency.” – Lando Norris
50. “Respect and consistency, as hard work during the week is the only way to earn your place.” – Gennaro Gattuso
If you found these consistency quotes helpful, why not take the ones that resonate with you and write them on the front of your journal or planner. That way, each morning when you schedule your day, you’ll get a boost of motivation to do that one thing that matters the most, the thing that will move you closer to your goals.
While we’re on the subject of planning, organize your day and week with time blocking so that you can schedule your essential tasks. That way, you’re far less likely to “forget” to do it and much more likely to stay consistent!